Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Rain in The Summer













"Rain In Summer"

by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
How beautiful is the rain!
After the dust and heat,
In the broad and fiery street,
In the narrow lane,
How beautiful is the rain!
How it clatters along the roofs,
Like the tramp of hoofs!

How it gushes and struggles out
From the throat of the over-flowing spout!
Across the window pane
It pours and pours;
And swift and side,
With a muddy tide,
Like a river down the gutter roars
The rain, the welcome rain!

8 comments:

  1. What fun! My kids have been asking and asking to play in the rain, but lately all of our rain seems to be accompanied by thunder and lightning, so they're stuck indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our storms have as well but this particular day and time, there wasn't any thunder and lightning so the natives were able to enjoy a good romp in the rain.

      Delete
  2. I love playing in the rain. Still. Puddles are for splashing. Still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, summer rain. My youngest son especially loves the rain. He cannot wait to get out into the puddles and newly created streams.

    I love your photos. The composition in that first one - wow! And the rain drops. And all of the motion you captured. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can remember as a child running and playing in the rain. A summer rain is a delight. I still love to go running in the rain. If it is windy, not so much, but if it is just raining....... running shoes on and out the door I go!

      This was such a drenching downpour. I was under my umbrella trying to keep my camera dry but it meant my back end was sticking way out as I'd bend over to take the photos. I came in with a dry head and a wet bum. :D

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!