Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, October 3, 2014

An Object vs. Real

Image taken from this site.  
My eldest son and I went into a bike shop.  Needed to get some parts for his bike.  As we walked out, he started to chuckle.  I asked him what was so funny.  He proceeded to explain to me about chest implants for men and how you could tell that the salesmen had obviously had implants in his chest.  Oh.  Consider myself educated!  To have muscles in your chest that big, your arms and shoulders need to match.

I saw some t-shirts recently that were being sold at a doctor's office.  A doctor who does plastic surgery.  No, I'm not getting plastic surgery.  The t-shirts were plain white with some words in black across the chest that said, MINE ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.

I was seriously offended.  Your fake are better than my real........ wow!  Awesome!  Glad you feel that way!!  Awwriiighty then!  I'm just gonna take my real saggy nursed a whole tribe of natives full of stretch mark boobs and have a pep talk with them and tell them they are just fine the way they are. I mean, I get it!  I used to stuff my bra for heaven's sake!  Remember??  Remember this post??  Thankfully I came to terms with my appearance.  It's about believing in your own self worth.  Realizing that being an object isn't real.  Having your body altered so you fit the mold of what you think society thinks you should look like, isn't real!  You've played into the system and become an object, or at least parts of your body!

I went to the mall yesterday and a male sales person was ringing me up and all I could do was stare at his implants!  Okay.  So, if it hadn't been for my son telling me how you can tell ......  Anyway, I'm looking at his chest and all I can think is, can I touch it?!  I wanna poke it!  I wanna poke it so bad!

His chest had become an object to me.   Think about that for a second..... or two......  or three......

My natives are growing up in a world where being an object is the norm and reality is not!  Not cool!!  Where sexualization is starting at a younger and younger age!  Don't even get me started on trying to buy clothes for my daughter!!

I for one, have a problem with all of this.  Do you?!

6 comments:

  1. Yes--I'm trying to raise 6 daughters in this increasingly objectified world, and it is no picnic! And the funny thing is that even I have moments of struggling with measuring up by the world's standards . . . how do the messages infiltrate so powerfully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Anaise! I do too! I loved the talk in conf. today where we were asked what direction are we turned. Are you more worried about what man thinks than God. Do we fear man more than God. Too many times I do sadly.

      Delete
  2. It is horrible. I see so many little girls at school dressed so … I don't even know what word to use, but they sure don't look like little girls. It is sad and scary. I am happy to say that I have gotten very far away from wanting to fit in to anyone's mold but God's and his was created just for me and no one else. That is pretty magical. And chest implants for men…didn't even know that was a thing….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a scary world. You're right thought, fitting into God's mold is the best. Yeah... chest implants, and calf implants, and............

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, a HUGE problem with it. Society has strayed so far from valuing character. Character can be developed in a very organic way, not through plastic surgery. Character implants?

    Chest implants for men, who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Character implants!! I like it! I know some people I wouldn't mind trying that out on! :D

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!