Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, October 20, 2014

This Week's Letter From The Philippines!

Elder Rubow with his "brothers".  These young men have become family to him. 
A ship that is being unloaded.
Elder Rubow at the ocean.  He looks so good!!!
Baptism!  Elder Rubow is standing in the back,  far left.
So here is the weekly letter for you
So sorry!  I only have a short email this week.  Super busy here and I am out of time.  We invited 5 more people to be baptized within the next month and they accepted!  Things have slowed down a bit here but will be picking up again for sure!  We also had a baptism of -------------.  She is the first of her family but no doubt many will soon follow.  They are all very excited! We also had another funeral this last week.  Half the family was catholic and the other Mormon.  So the funural was split into two days.  The first day was a Mass.  I have never been to one of those before.  It was very interesting I must say.  The next day was the LDS funeral and burial.  The difference between the two was I must say very interesting.  

Well, sorry again to make it so short.  I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and how we can know where we are going after this life.  Now is the time to prepare to meet God.  May we do so now!  Do not procrastinate!  It is not worth it at all.  Go to the temple often if you can and for those who are preparing, continue!  The temple is such a wonderful blessing to us and helps us so much both in this life and the life to come.  Thanks again! 

Elder Rubow

I spent my whole time writing you.  I hope your happy! :D (We spent most of his email time chatting back and forth and yup!  It made me happy!!)
Also, please give my love to the Stones.(Elder Rubow's adopted grandparents and good friends of ours.)  I miss them so much!  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. He looks superb. The smile is a thousand watts. And it's easy to see that he's doing some great work there - both for the people he serves, and for his own growth. He has an easy confidence in this alien culture - he has slid (slided?) himself right in there, heart to heart. But then, didn't we know he would do just that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. No surprises. I asked him if he had moments where he struggled with being homesick. He told me no. :) and then was embarrassed because he didn't want me to feel bad. Are you kidding me?! This is what we've prepared him for! I was thrilled. It means he has jumped full body, heart, and soul and I love it! These two years are irreplaceable.

      Delete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!