Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Cauliflower. It can be edible!


In my quest to find foods that are healthy and that Levi will love, I was told to check out this recipe (click here to see recipe) for Cauliflower Pizza.


Cauliflower Pizza?  Are you kidding me?  I don't like cauliflower.  I know.  Big surprise.  It's a vegetable!  And, it's gross.  I did NOT want to taste a 'pizza' that tasted like cauliflower.  But, Levi absolutely loves, adores, dreams about........ you get the idea.  Pizza!!


So, we tried it.  And......... it was really really good!!  I did what the recipe said and squeezed the living daylights out of the cooked cauliflower.  I mixed in the seasonings, eggs, and cheese.  Cooked it for about 30 minutes in a 450 degree oven.  I wanted the crust to be nice and crisp.  I then added pizza sauce, salami, red and yellow bell peppers, onion, and bacon.  I turned my oven up to 'broil' and keeping the rack in the middle, put in the pizza to cook the veggies until they started to get little black edges.  I then added more Mozz. cheese and put it back into the oven just a minute or two until the cheese melted.

Oh my heavens!  There is actually a way to eat cauliflower besides smothering it in Velveeta cheese! And!!  The natives liked it and more importantly!  Levi liked it!  Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!